Pistachio, Cherry and Chocolate Energy Bars Recipe
8 Aug 2019
Looking for that mid-morning boost? Then these pistachio, cherry and dark chocolate energy bars will go down a treat. Filled with flavour and texture, these little bites of bliss go perfectly with a cup of tea or coffee.
- 100g shelled pistachios
- 100g mixed seeds
- 250g rolled oats
- 8 Medjool dates
- 120g glace cherries
- 60g of Lily O’Brien’s 70% Dark Belgian Chocolate Share Bag
- 100ml maple syrup
- 4 tbsp. smooth almond butter
- Remainder of Share Bag (for decoration)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
- Grease and line a 20cm x 20cm square baking tin.
- Chop the pistachios, then scatter over a baking sheet with the mixed seeds and oats, and roast for 20 minutes (careful not to burn), turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, roughly tear the dates, remove stones and roughly chop the cherries and chocolate drops.
- Place the maple syrup, almond butter, dates and 150ml of water in a small saucepan over a low heat.
- Slowly heat for 10 minutes, mashing the dates with the back of your spoon, until you have a sticky sauce.
- Tip all the dry ingredients (except the chocolate) into a large bowl along with the cherries and pour over the maple syrup mixture.
- Coat everything in the sticky sauce before adding the dark chocolate drops.
- Stir to mix all the ingredients one final time.
- Pour the mixture into the baking tin, using a back of a spoon to press into an even layer.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Melt more dark chocolate and drizzle over the top once cooled, then pop in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Then cut into portions, and eat when desired.