Thank you for visiting Lily O’Brien’s www.lilyobriens.ie. This website is owned by Lily’s Ltd trading as Lily O’Brien’s.Our goal is to ensure that our website is a securely protected environment to provide you with an easy to use and relevant shopping experience.
For further information on any of the information illustrated on this page please feel free to contact us by email at email@example.com or by telephone on 00 353 45 486800
Privacy & Data Protection
Lily O’Brien’s fully respects your right to privacy and will not collect any personal information about you on this website without your clear knowledge and permission. Any personal information which you provide to Lily O’Brien’s will be treated strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Acts 1988-2018 (this includes the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679). We do not require you to provide personal information unless you wish to avail of our products. Where data is submitted it will be used for the stated purpose and any reasonably incidental purposes only.
We do not sell or distribute your personal information to third parties for purposes of allowing them to market products and services to you. Communicating via the internet and sending information to you by other means necessarily involves your personal information passing through or being handled by third-parties.
We are Lily O’Brien’s. Lily O’Brien’s produces high quality chocolate in the form of chocolates/chocolate boxes/wedding favours/occasion specific treats and personalised gifts. We are registered in Ireland as Lily’s Ltd, number 144234. Our registered business address is Lily O’Brien’s, Green Road, Newbridge, Co. Kildare, Ireland. Our websites are:
The Information We Collect & How We Use It
For various reasons we may store your data for example; if you have visited one of our websites (https://www.lilyobriens.ie, https://www.lilyobriens.co.uk, https://www.lilyobriens.com), shopped with us online, created an account on our website, entered a competition, signed up to our mailing list or contacted us via email or social media.
- Website Customer Accounts
When you visit our website (https://www.lilyobriens.ie, https://www.lilyobriens.co.uk, https://www.lilyobriens.com) you have the option to create an account. The information stored includes first and surname, email address, and date of birth (This information is optional, should you wish to share it we may send you special offers for your birthday).
Once you have created an account you can personalise it further, should you wish. The “My Account” section is designed to make the order process easy for you and contains the following sections and information;
- My Orders: This section contains information on your previous orders including; order date, order number, order status, billing address, shipping address, products ordered, order value, payment method and the facility to download a VAT receipt.
- My Details: This section contains your own information including; Full name, email address, date of birth (optional), email preferences and password reset functionality
- My Addresses: This section contains information you choose to save for the purpose of shipping orders to your contacts. Information can be saved into your address section to speed up the transaction process and for the purpose of using our multiple shipping facility at the checkout which enables you to send multiple items to multiple addresses with one transaction process. We will never use information in your address book unless it is being used as shipping information.
- My Saved Cards: This section contains credit card payment information you choose to save in order to speed up the transaction process. You have the option to save three cards. Lily O’Brien’s do not have access to this information. This data is not stored by Lily O’Brien’s but by our credit card provider Global Payments, please refer to their website for details about the privacy they provide https://www.globalpaymentsinc.com/en-ie/accept-payments/ecommerce/privacy
- Website Guest / Transaction information: When you order online through our website using our Guest Checkout you will be asked to provide information for the purpose of processing and dispatching your order. This information will include Name, Address, Email Address and a contact telephone number for the sender (in case we need to query your order) and recipient (in case the courier needs information to deliver your parcel)
- Personalised Products: When you place an order for a personalised photo box on our website, you will be asked to upload an image or images. These images are stored securely on our server using an encrypted URL for 30 days. This information is then deleted, and is never shared with any party for the use other than creating your personalised photo box.
- Wedding Orders: When you order Personalised Wedding Favours through our website you will be given the option to add the names of the Bride and Groom and your Wedding Date or a personalised message to your favours box, this information will never be used for any other reason. You will also be asked to provide information for the purpose of processing and dispatching your order. This information will include Name, Address, Email Address and a contact telephone number for the sender (in case we need to query your order) and recipient (in case the courier needs information to deliver your parcel).
For general web-browsing certain statistical information is available to us via our internet service provider. This information may include the IP and logical address of the server you are using, the top-level domain name from which you access the internet (for example .ie, .com, etc.), the type of browser you are using, the date and time you access our site and the internet address linking to our site. We may also use temporary “session” cookies which enable a visitor’s web browser to remember which pages on this website have already been visited. This information may be used to help us to improve, administer and diagnose problems with our server and website.
You have an opportunity to send us information via this website, such as through the “contact us” pages or any other area where you may send e-mails. You may also choose to provide us with personal data (e.g. name, e-mail, postal address or other contact details) in an e-mail message to the address listed on our site. We use these details solely for the purpose for which you provided them (e.g. responding to your query).
- For processing activities for which we rely on consent as a basis for processing your data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- For processing activities which are based on a statutory or contractual requirement, you may request your data not be processed for that purpose. However, this is not an absolute right and may be over-ridden by our statutory obligations. In other cases, requesting that data should not be processed for a particular purpose may prevent us from executing a contract or delivering a service to you.
You have the right to request:
- A copy of data we hold about you (Right of Access)
- That any error in data we hold about you is corrected (Right of Rectification)
- That data we hold about you be erased, unless we have a countervailing interest or legal obligation to retain it (Right of Erasure)
- That we refrain from processing data for a specific purpose (Right to Restrict processing)
- A copy of the data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable form to enable you to reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services (Right of Data Portability)
- You have the right to amend or delete your account and related details at anytime. You can you this by accessing your account at https://lilyobriens.ie/customer/account/edit/
We will accede to any such valid requests within 30 calendar days of the receipt of a valid request in writing. Please send all requests in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. We reserve the right to request you to provide additional information in order to enable us to identify your personal data and/or to verify your identity.
- Customer Service & General Enquiries
By contacting us via email, telephone, or through our social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube or Google you may be asked to provide contact details including name, email address, telephone number and order information. This information is requested so our in-house and external customer service teams can investigate and respond to your query.
Who we share your information with
We use various carefully selected third parties that assist us operationally and help us improve and develop our online service and shopping experience. Tasks include gaining insight into customer experience while using our website and obtaining customer reviews, managing our advertising, email marketing, payment processing, affiliate marketing, courier shipments. Further information on our third parties;
- User & Customer Insights
We use information on website users and customers to help us understand how visitors use and interact with our website. This information may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of your service use. We use tools such as but not limited to;
- Google Analytics https://policies.google.com/privacy
- Hotjar https://www.hotjar.com/legal/policies/privacy
We use information on user browsing data with advertising service providers such as but not limited to Google, Bing and Facebook. The information captured includes pages visited, device information and product purchase data. We capture this data to understand your advertising preferences so we can show you ads and products that are more relevant to you. We use tools such as but not limited to; Google Adwords, Bing Ads, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, YouTube.
- Google Adwords https://policies.google.com/privacy
- Bing Ads https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/privacy-and-data-protection-policies
- Customer Service Tools, Feedback, Reviews and Market Research
We use information to help us respond to reviews and customer enquiries such as name, email address and telephone number. We use tools such as but not limited to ZenDesk and Trust Pilot;
- ZenDesk https://www.zendesk.com/company/customers-partners/privacy-policy/
- Trust Pilot https://uk.legal.trustpilot.com/end-user-privacy-terms
- Email Marketing
We use programmes to send our email campaigns such as but not limited to;
- Mailchimp https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
We use programmes to facilitate payment via our websites, including Global Payments (formerly Realex) and Paypal;
- Global Payments (formerly Realex) https://www.globalpaymentsinc.com/en-ie/accept-payments/ecommerce/privacy
- Paypal https://www.paypal.com/ie/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full
We use programmes to run our affiliate campaigns such as but not limited to Rakuten and AWIN;
We use external courier services for the purpose of delivering your orders. Information transferred to our couriers is for the sole purpose of delivering your order. These couriers include, GLS, DHL and UPS.
- GLS: https://gls-group.eu/EU/en/privacy-policy-group
- UPS: https://www.ups.com/us/en/help-center/legal-terms-conditions/privacy-notice.page
- DHL: http://www.dhl.com/en/legal.html#privacy
We will share your information with a third party where you have allowed us to do so.
Where some or all of our company and/or its assets may potentially be or have been acquired, we may need to transfer your personal information to the new or prospective owners.
Legal and safety
Marketing & Mailing Lists
Throughout our website you will be given the option to “Opt-in” to our mailing list. Opting in means that we will contact you with email updates of general Lily O’Brien’s news, special offers, promotions, competitions, new products and recipes.
You can unsubscribe from these emails at any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email, or update your email preferences in the My Details section of My Account here -> https://lilyobriens.ie/customer/account/edit/
We will never share your information with any external parties for marketing purposes.
Who has access to your information?
1. Website Customer Accounts / Transaction information:
Lily O’Brien’s may share your information with our internal and external customer service teams, dispatch teams and couriers for the purpose of processing and dispatching your order or to contact you regarding a query relating to your order. We will never use or share your personal information for any other reason.
2. Customer Service & General Enquiries
In order to provide the best level of customer service possible your information may be shared with our in-house customer service team for reason such as but not limited to; contacting you relating to a query you have sent us or regarding a query we have regarding your order for example, if the courier is having problems delivering your order, if we have a question regarding a product you ordered, a delivery date etc.
3. Third Parties
Lily O’Brien’s Marketing & Digital teams have access to the information our third parties collect. We also provide our trusted external suppliers with this information to help us understand information such as, but not limited to, how visitors use and interact with our website.
4. Marketing & Mailing Lists
Lily O’Brien’s Marketing & Digital teams have access to our mailing list data to communicate with you via consented marketing emails about special offers, news, new products or recipes etc. We also work with trusted external suppliers to gain insights into our mailing list recipients such as insights into purchase patterns and preferences which allow us to tailor our communications and make them more relevant to you, for example, special offers on products of interest to you. We will never share or use your information for any other reason.
5. Cookies and Tracking
Lily O’Brien’s Marketing & Digital teams have access to the information our cookies collect. We also provide our trusted external suppliers with this information to help us understand information such as, but not limited to, how visitors use and interact with our website.
Where is your information stored?
1. Website Customer Accounts / Transaction information
CTI Global, our IT providers, function as ‘Data Processors’ for Lily O’Brien’s and are registered with the Data Protection Commission of Ireland and are subject to the security responsibilities under the Data Protection Act. All data is stored within multiple ISO27001 certified data centres in Dublin and never ever leaves the Irish jurisdiction.
2. Customer Service & General Enquiries
Information relating to Customer Services queries is stored in a secure password encrypted document accessible by our customer service teams and deleted within 2 months.
Security & Data Protection
At Lily O'Brien's Chocolates, online security is our priority. All transactions processed on our site are processed using the highest levels of online security by external transaction processing companies with outstanding records in internet security. Our website operates on a secure server and all confidential information is encrypted and protected to make our websites secure and safe shopping environments.
CTI Global as ‘Data Processors’ for Lily O’Brien’s are registered with the Data Protection Commission of Ireland and are subject to the security responsibilities under the Data Protection Act. These responsibilities include the necessity to keep personal data secure from unauthorised access, disclosure, destruction or accidental loss.
All CTI Global services are ISO27001:2013 certified by Certification Europe reference 2011/1388. All data is stored within multiple ISO27001 certified data centres in Dublin and never ever leaves the Irish jurisdiction.
CTI Global will apply best-practice in terms of process, hardware & back-up software selection to ensure the provision of a secure data solution and mitigate risk of data loss. These include initial server hardening, disaster-recovery testing & nightly back-ups to a location within the EU.
CTI Global confirms that the data will not be moved outside the EEA (the European Economic Area, which includes the 27 EU member states, and Lichtenstein, Iceland, and Norway).
CTI Global confirms that the data placed in the Lily O’Briens-specific virtual dedicated cloud (primary & remote) will be available always to Lily O’Briens and ownership of the data will always reside with Lily O’Briens.
Lily O’Brien’s retains personal data about individuals for a range of periods. The basis for our retention periods is based on our contractual obligations. We commit to not keeping personal data for longer than is necessary and review records on an annual basis.
How long do we store your data?
Website Customer Accounts: We will store your account information for as long as you wish to keep your customer account active. If you have not accessed your customer account for 18 months we will deactivate it and delete your details. Before any account is deleted we will notify you before any action is taken with instruction for you to keep your account active.
Website Guest Transactions: When you place an order via our website you will have the option to activate a customer account with us. Unactivated accounts will be deleted after 12 months.
Controlling your information: You have the right to amend or delete your account and related details at anytime. You can you this by accessing your account at https://lilyobriens.ie/customer/account/edit/
Customer Service & General Enquiries: By contacting us via email, telephone, or through our social media channels your information will be stored until your query has been resolved and deleted within 2 months.
Marketing & Mailing Lists: If you have Opted-in to our mailing list your information will be stored until you choose to unsubscribe. You can unsubscribe from these emails at any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email, or update your email preferences in the My Details section of My Account here: https://lilyobriens.ie/customer/account/edit/
This cookies policy describes how Lily O’Brien’s use “cookies” and other similar technologies, such as pixels and tags, in connection with our websites.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file consisting of letters and numbers that is placed on your computer or other device. Cookies enable our systems to recognize your device. Such recognition is necessary to for the efficient operation of our site.
A number of features of our services may not work or will be curtailed from working effectively without cookies. As a result, changing your browser settings to reject cookies may have a negative impact on your ability to use our website.
Who drops cookies when I use Lily O’Brien’s website?
Many of the cookies dropped when you use our services are “first party cookies” (meaning cookies placed and read by Lily O’Brien’s directly).
What types of cookies are used on Lily O’Brien’s website?
We use both “session” and “persistent” cookies. A session cookie is used to identify a particular visit to our site. These cookies expire after a short time, or when you close your web browser after using our services.
A persistent cookie will remain on your devices for a set period of time specified in the cookie. We use these cookies where we need to identify you over a longer period of time.
Why are cookies used by Lily O’Brien’s?
- Marketing – we use pixel tags to track and improve the effectiveness of our marketing emails. For example, we may use such technologies to identify if you read an email we sent to you.
- Advertising – we use advertising tracking technologies from Doubleclick and Bing which may present you with advertisements when you visit other sites.
We take our security responsibilities seriously, employing the most appropriate physical and technical measures. We review our security policy regularly.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This legal notice and all issues regarding this website are governed exclusively by Irish law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts.
Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted by emailing email@example.com. If our Data Protection Officer cannot answer your question, you have the right to contact your local data protection supervisory authority.
This website is owned by Lily’s Ltd trading as Lily O’Brien’s. We are registered in Ireland as Lily’s Ltd, number 144234. Our registered business address is Lily O’Brien’s, Green Road, Newbridge, Co. Kildare, Ireland.